Saturday, September 23, 2006

ARGH!!

So it is now official, as if there was any doubt, I am an idiot. After coming home from work I was uber keen to prove Ben wrong and blog. However I was unable to log in to blogspot... it kept saying "Invalid Password" so I was trying to remember what password I set during my hazy, fatigue based setup of my blog last night (yes it is much later now than last night and yes I am more tired now).

Problem was I was convinced I knew what the password was... and it turns out I did. What was wrong was I kept putting in the wrong username. Stupid me forgot that my display name MrJorge is different to my blogspot username... once I figured that out here I am... blogging...

Today, thankfully, was a much cruisier day at work and for once that wasn't caused by it being a Friday. The work I was planning for and stressing about yesterday and took up most of my day turned out today to not be as bad as I was dreading. In my usual idealistic frame of mind I was trying to completely cutover one "system" (for want of a better word that won't require detailed in depth technical explanation) to another.

I knew we only needed to cutover some by next weekend but I lost track of that concentrating on the big picture and doing it all properly in the first place... i.e. ideally. Someone pointed out to me that all I needed to do was cutover the little bit that HAD to be done by next weekend and then plan to cutover the rest slowly piece by piece at a later date. Once that was pointed out to me the change proposal documentation and associated planning was a breeze... sure it leaves me with a lot of work still to do later but it gets me to my goal by the deadline in a way that ensures less stress and less prepatory work. Which is good... I stubbornly think it would be better to do it all properly in one go but there just isn't time...

Anyway after work I met up with Ben for a pint and we had a good chat. It was refreshing to just sit and chat with him because we normally hang out at "events" and don't actually get that much time to really chat. I enjoyed the chat and the pint and hope he did too.

I then came home to go to Dunc's and watch the Swans vs Dockers AFL preliminary final. The Dockers struggled bravely but probably fairly lost the match. Which pissed me off as I hate the way Sydney have been playing lately and the "purist" in me (thank you Ben) wanted Freo to march on. I believe it would have wonders for Freo and wonders for the sport in general if they had advanced but it wasn't to be. F@#$ing Swans!!

Dropping another mate home and discovering the Captain Cook Bridge and Riverside Expressway were shot just about summed up my night... I'm now tired, hot, have a headache and am grumpy. But I got to chat to Scotty while messing with my laptop so I got something out of being home... sleep is the next and some cuddles from Bee... night all.

2 Comments:

At 10:38 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Nah, I hated it. $9 for a pint is ridiculous! Other then the cost it was good.

And it's ridiculously easy to prove me wrong. I am going to point out that you said you were going to blog about the cost of a pint but that's been left up to me :)

 
At 11:45 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I forgot... and I just finished blogging the story and you should see it now. And in my defence I saw this comment AFTER I blogged the story... so ner ner.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home