Saturday, September 23, 2006

Enough to make you angry...

... so I forgot the part of the story I wanted to blog most about my pint with Ben last night. He had just given me a $20 (it was his shout) to get the beers so I dutifully headed to the bar while he ordered the snacks. Upon arriving at the bar I perused the on tap selections and decided upon Stella Artois for our pints. I ordered a couple and casually, in true Mick style, leaned on the bar waiting for him to finish pouring. When he presented the pints I presented the dosh and waited for the change... I got it, he left and then I stood there staring at my hand. In it I had a $2 coin... yes a $2 coin.

In disbelief I looked at the guy, but he had already walked away. He started chatting to another bar staff and I waited for him to look back at me. He attempted to leave the bar area, saw me still there and came over. I said "Those pints were $9 each?" with a slight incredulous tone in my voice, he replied "Yes" and I just walked away.

Moral of the story: O'Malleys in the Brisbane CBD is off limits in future for Friday arvo pints ok Ben?

And just quickly installing software on a new computer is something I enjoy. Getting the chance to set everything up again just the way I like it is something that only a true geek can understand. Just before I was sitting here and I torrented the latest version of WinRAR. When it completed I went to the directory where the torrent files are located to install and found that the WinRAR installer and associated files were archived in a RAR file. Just gotta love the irony... need WinRAR to open RAR files, so download WinRAR only to find the file is in RAR format... funny yet frustrating.

2 Comments:

At 5:18 PM, Blogger Andrew said...

Mental note to self - if ever drinking with Ben - watch out for possible expensive taste in beers

:-)

 
At 3:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is just insane! $9 a pint! That is stupid! People say that Europe is expensive, but I pay at most 3 Euros for a top quality beer! What a disgrace, and yeah I totally agree say away from there in the future. I bet a pint of XXXX is $6.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home