Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Certainly was an experience!!

I had the day off work today to go with Dad while he enjoyed his birthday present from us kids. Yes, for all those that know my family, Dad's birthday was well over a month ago now but this present required him to make an appointment, and they are apparently very busy (you'll soon see why)!!

You see we decided we were sick of the boring presents we always get him so we thought we'd get him something fun. So we bought him a drive in a V8 powered race car thanks to the people at V8 Race Experience.

Basically the concept is you turn up, get some briefing and driver training, get suited up and go for a drive around Queensland Raceway. For those familiar with Qld Raceway the track used was the "Clubmans Circuit" which is not quite the full track driven by the drivers in the V8 Supercar Championship.

Unfortunately I was too busy being in charge of the video camera to take many good photos but here are a sample of those I did take. Once I get access to the video camera again I might youtube a couple of movies and I'll even see if I can grab some shots from Kates camera as she was taking heaps while I was busy with the video side of things.

Dad had an absolute ball and wished it went for longer... which goes to show we did well with the gift!



Dad suiting up before his big drive.



Dad squinting into the sun once fully suited up (minus the hairnet and helmet of course).



Charlie came to watch his Pa drive...



... and ended up getting behind the wheel himself!!

1 Comments:

At 7:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This looks great. Looks like heaps of fun. How did you dad's lap times compare to the pros? Did he improve heaps?

Can't wait to see those videos!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home