Monday, October 23, 2006

Indy 2006 - Part 1

So I'm back from the Coast and the 2006 Lexmark Indy 300. As usual it was a truly enjoyable weekend and one of the highlights of my year so far. Also as usual I am already thinking about next year and how much fun it is going to be. That, to me, is the truest indication of how much I enjoy attending Indy.

Over the next couple of days I'll post pics and stories from Indy. I am, as yet, unsure how I am going to format these blog entries. For now though I'll start at what seems like a good enough beginning as any... where we stayed.

I've doctored this track map from the Indy website to give an idea of where the building was in relation to the track. See the arrow pointing to the dot...



A shot of the twin buildings that make up the complex from inside the track. I was crossing a suspension bridge at the time, which was fun in itself with all the swaying!! We stayed in the building on the left on the 29th floor about 5 or 6 from the very top.



A view from the small side balcony of the first chicane and the beginning of the second...



A view from the large front balcony looking at the main straight...



That'll do for now, I'm tired... it's been a very long, tiring weekend and I have to go to work in the morning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home