Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Number 56, Number 56...

... your jersey is ready. Well at least that's what I'm hoping to hear this afternoon at training. Friday night saw us head down to the Footy Club for the "Jumper Presentation" night. This was to be a night of guest speakers, dinner and the presentation of our jerseys and where we would finally find out who got what jersey number for the year.

I ended up scoring the much coveted jersey number of 56. Which seems like a nice looking number as far as I am concerned. Unfortunately the jerseys had only arrived at the club the morning of the jumper night so we were unable to actually be given our jerseys at the dinner. Which is why I'm hoping I'll be able to see my jersey and what it looks like tonight at training. I'm also hoping our training jerseys were done up at the same time and we get those too... sweeeeet.... I know I'll feel a bit more part of the club when I'm running around in my #56 training jersey at training.

After much angst Benny scored the #72 jersey. Why angst? Well the jerseys were available from the numbers 1-91 with a number only being available in one size (i.e. #1 was a small so if you weren't a small too bad if you wanted #1). Funnily enough #91 was a small and the longer it took for them to announce Benny's name as they went through the numbers the longer he thought he would end up with a small jersey with the biggest number on it! Personally I think it would have been funny... Benny disagreed.

Dunc scored #77 and it'll be interesting to see if he goes ahead with trying to play a game for the thirds... at this stage I think that's his plan...

Mark "Jacko" Jackson was hilarious on the night and was the main speaker. Truly an insane, but hilariously funny fellah. He had Peter Busastouw (forgive the spelling) with him who is a Carlton legend and who presented me with my jersey... pretty cool. Bill Hunter, the legend of Australian Film, was also present and happy to have photos taken with fans and sign an autograph or two. I'll update the names above with links later when I'm not at work if I get around to it....

All in all it was a great night and hopefully #56 will server me well in 2007!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home