Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Stuffed.

Right now I am right royally rooted. Sitting here with a headache, I'm tired, my eyes are bugging out of my head, my body is drained and all my leg muscles (mainly quads and hammys) are slightly twingey and sore.

After working all day Monday... and yes before you say anything 0900-1700 is "all day" for a public servant... I got to go home for a few hours. Watched an episode of Heroes, played around with my Dream Team some but then had to head back to work to perform some scheduled server maintenance. Got into the building @ 21:45 and didn't leave until 00:45, getting home at about 01:00. I was then back into the office @ 09:45 the next morning and worked until 16:30. So all day yesterday I was, largely, walking around in a daze.

Then, being a Tuesday, it was off to footy training. I had a gut feel my lack of energy and drive was going to make training painful and when I heard "you'll be working hard this week" from the Head Coaches mouth I had to stifle a groan. After a short warm up we started by splitting up into two groups. The first began a walk, jog, sprint, jog exercise mixed in with some lunges on the way back to the start while the others went down the creek behind the club for some hill sprints. I started in the non hill sprints group and was pretty puffed at the end of that... then the hill sprints. Towards the end of those 25 hill sprints I was really beginning to struggle and we quickly followed that all up with some push ups, crunches, and a bunch of squats.

It wasn't a good start... then touch work began and I was struggling. At one point we were doing a handball drill where we had to receive the handball, do a commando roll, handball from our knees, push up and run around the man at the top of the lane. First time I tried to push up from my roll my hammy complained loudly! I spent the next few minutes furiously stretching my hammys and calves as I was starting to tighten up.

Anyway other full length of the ground drills and such were had which I had to really force myself to keep running in. Then I got to play "spoils" over the back of one of the coaches with a crash bag on his back. Basically run at him, jump on his back and punch the ball out from over his head. Was a lot of fun...

... just a shame I'm so knackered today is all...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home