Friday, May 23, 2008

Horseshit.

Yup that's what I am thinking about the world at the moment. Complete and utter horseshit. I apologise in advance for the negative post but I need to vent as I just can't stop the negative thoughts.

Basically, and without going into it too much... as I just want to express my emotions a bit... the Yeronga Thirds last night forfeited tomorrow's match. Worse, at one point the coaching staff had also decided to throw out the rest of the Thirds season as well. While there has been a stay of execution there I feel if there are issues again the axe will fall...

... and if it does then that'll be the end of footy for me this year (barring some miracle whereby I start getting regularly selected for the 2s)... and potentially next as I doubt they'll nominate a team next year if this year's falls over.

Basic issues include a lack of numbers for most matches due to people being unavailable, injuries in the Thirds and further up the chain, only having 8 Thirds @ training every night and general lack of cohesion, organisation within the squad.

Sooo ever since last night I've been a bitter, jaded, frustrated and angry young man. Not to mention saddened, disappointed, upset and concerned. And a whole bunch of other negative emotions.

It's horseshit basically. On top of all that if you add in how frustrated and unenthusiastic I've been feeling about our matches so far this year I've got all these wild thoughts running through my head and am very defeatist today.

But for now I'm going to make every effort to put it all behind me, stop being selfish and self interested and concentrate on the good of the team and the club. Tomorrow is a big day for both the 1s and the 2s with potential season defining matches going on. Also the Yeronga Ball tomorrow night should be a great night so I need to get positive and enthused about that. Oh and there is the little fact that tomorrow is my birthday so I'd like to be in a better frame of mind by the time it comes around.

Just had to get a bunch of that off my chest and I have held back quite a bit of my thoughts on various matters to do with this.

GO DEVILS this weekend and hopefully the boys will inspire me back into a good frame of mind!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home