Friday, March 28, 2008

Excitement.

Trying to burst through a large dose of apathy and tiredness that is prevailing over me today is a massive buzz of excitement. At times near overwhelming excitement. I found myself gently punching my desk for a while today and wondered what I was doing. Then I realised I'd been thinking about the upcoming footy action and my body was releasing some nervous energy via the punches.

As I sit here staring at the clock and slowly watching that minute hand revolve around the clock face I am getting closer and closer to the first Lions match @ the Gabbatoir for 2008. It's such a massive buzz. Friday night footy, what's better than that? I don't think I've ever been to a Friday night game @ the Gabba! I read today the last Friday night match we hosted was back in 2001 against Hawthorn and, sorry Benny, we thrashed them by 80 points.

Tonight though it's the Pies and their feral fans. It's going to be a huuuuuge crowd and against the Pies it's always very loud and exciting. The Gabba is normally a very sedate, almost boring, atmosphere. But tonight promises to be completely different. During last year's match vs the Pies I would have sworn we were in Melbourne watching them play given how loud their supporters were.

Given recent form tonight's match is predicted to be a cracker. Reasonably evenly matched at the moment and it could go right down to the wire. Which would hype up an already hyped up Brisbane AFL fan base. Soooo looking forward to it...

And tomorrow could be even bigger for me. First Aussie Rules match of the year!! Sure I got named in the 3rds and am slightly disappointed by that but it's going to be a night game after the Seniors and Reserves match. Last time we played a game like that I played out of my skin.

There's just something cool about night footy and especially if there is some sort of crowd around to watch. There is a big social night at the club tomorrow night too so most of the boys will hang around after their matches I would think.

As I said earlier... I'm a buzzing ball of excitement!! If I could just shrug off this feeling of tiredness then I'd be surprised if I could physically sit still.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home