Wednesday, March 26, 2008

A request for Chronos.

Please use your divine powers over the forces of time to slow it the hell down for a while will ya?!?!? It is the end of bloody March already which means 3 months, or about 1/4, of 2008 is already gone!

Did I just have a really long sleep in and miss a month or two?

While it's true it seems like forever since Footy was last on and I've been hanging out impatiently for it can anyone actually believe just how fast this year has gone by?

I was in Gympie on the weekend for Easter and I could vividly remember Christmas Day seated around the table outside having Christmas lunch. It was then that I had to pinch myself and say... "Mick that was 3 bloody months ago!!", it seemed like just yesterday.

I looked at my blog to see when I last posted feeling like I did it last night and sure enough it was almost a week ago. These bloody weeks are all just running together and things are out of control.

Lately I feel like I'm a pinball being flipped around the playfield randomly knocking activities off my To Do list like targets, before gravity sucks me back down to the flippers to get spun off again in another direction.

Seriously I'm spinning from one event to another with no apparent control on the time in between. I usually find it hard to get things done around the house at the best of times but lately I'm basically doing nothing. Things aren't getting organised, shopping isn't getting done, housework certainly isn't getting done and I'm just reacting to being told something is happening in the next few days I should have planned for already.

Case in point we're having an 80s night down at the footy club on Saturday night after the first round of our season and I'm yet to do anything about a costume. I know what Bee & I are going as I just don't have anything sorted for mine.

And while it's contradictory to my bitching about time going too fast, could Thursday night hurry the hell up and get here? Keenly waiting for team selections on Thursday night and for the season proper to start on Saturday. Bring it on!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home