Friday, February 15, 2008

New Camera

So I bit the bullet and jumped into the big, dark but incredibly alluring SLR pool. I've wanted one for a while as I was getting frustrated with the lack of control over my old Ixus, not to mention it now being very long in the tooth. She's been a very trusty old girl and is still running to this day... but it was time for an upgrade.

I wanna get into a bit more serious photography, and specifically sports photography, so I needed a better camera. I ended up buying the one I've been reading reviews about and drooling over for a while.

I bought the Canon EOS 400D, although I bought the Twin Lens kit. I've been eyeing these off since I saw them prior to Christmas at JB for what I thought was a steal of a price. I ended up talking to Photo Contintental who looked after me and beat that price and also explained a lot of things to me.

I only wanted an entry level SLR to see how it goes and to see if I use it as much as I want to. I'm not talking about giving up my day job or whatever but would like to get into some photography stuff and perhaps even get a small commission here and there to help me purchase new equipment if I need it.

Anyway I still have a lot to learn but I'm starting to piece together all the buzz words like shutter priority, aperture priority, focal length, depth of field etc etc and hopefully I can put it into use and get some good shots happening.

My first real hit out was yesterday when I went to Queensland Raceway for a V8 Supercar Test Day. And no it wasn't a coincidence the camera came into my hands the afternoon before the Test Day *wink*

The best of my shots are here... there are a lot more and lots of them are rubbish.

Would be interested in your thoughts if you have any...

V8 Supercar Test Day 14th Feb 2008

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home