Thursday, March 20, 2008

Dreamteamia

Hi. My name is Michael and I'm DreamTeamic. I suffer from the exhilirating highs and agonising lows of being passionately involved in AFL Dream Team.

As I type this I am undergoing stress and concern over the state of my Dream Team for 2008. There is a mere few hours to go before the week 1 lockout takes place and thereafter I will no longer have the chance to make unlimited changes to my team.

What is compounding this issue is the fact that the lockout is on a Thursday night and there are games on Monday thanks to the Easter long weekend. This means that as of last night I only had access to the team lineups for tonight's matches. By this afternoon sometime the AFL should publish the list of squads for the remainder of the weekend matches.

But will this be for all remaining matches or just the weekend ones? Will it be published in time before I have to leave for footy training to allow me to have a quick look before the lockout? Will the squads named include a bunch of 7 man interchange benches meaning I will have to gamble anyway?

All these, and many more, thoughts are currently racing through my head. I'm excited sure but I'm also concerned. If I end up players short due to them not getting picked I may have to use precious trades to fix this up. Hopefully the rookies I've picked will be picked by their real life coaches otherwise I'll be down on cash compared to my opponents who had more luck.

All in all I'm pretty stressed. Thankfully my team has been very stable for a long time and even as of last night when I was pouring over information I couldn't see any need to change anything. The worry is that all falls apart when (if?) I see the teams before footy training tonight... 4:30 can't come fast enough so I can get out of here and get home to see them hopefully.

All the best to you and your Dream Team for 2008. From now on don't expect that sentiment from me as it gets competitive very quickly :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home