Wednesday, March 19, 2008

To blog or not to blog.

Someone very recently said to me "don't forget to blog!" and, surprisingly, I saw through that to the sledge buried within. I checked the date on my last blog and the person in question might have a point... it's been two weeks!! Where did the time go?!?!

Now normally the stubborn part of me would rail against the suggestion from someone else for me to do something and I would stubbornly refuse. But this time I admit my lapse in effort and apologise to all.

Without making too many excuses my last two weeks have been hell. Most of you know that I'm a public servant. This means it is envisaged, based largely upon some form of reality, that I have a cruisy, relaxed job. The last couple of weeks have done their best to put pay to this theory.

To highlight this, this is the hours I have worked (minus lunch breaks) for the last week and a bit...

  • Mon 10 Mar: 07:45-18:15 (10 hours)

  • Tue 11 Mar: 07:45-19:30 (11 hours 15 mins)

  • Wed 12 Mar: 07:45-17:00 (8 hours 45 mins)

  • Thu 13 Mar: 07:45-16:30 (8 hours 15 mins)

  • Fri 14 Mar: 07:45-17:45 (9 hours 30 mins)

  • Mon 17 Mar: 07:45-17:30 (9 hours 15 mins)

  • Tue 18 Mar: 07:45-17:15 (9 hours)


  • Now for some of us our there these hours are completely normal and perhaps even less than normal so please hold back your "stop your whinging comments" (I'm looking at you Cam! :p).

    I normally get into work @ 0900ish after sleeping in until like 07:30am. So immediately every single one of those days has me at work before I normally even get out of bed. I normally leave right on 17:00 and leave at 16:30 on Tues and Thurs for training... yes I had to miss training one night, not happy Jan.

    So, for me, these are ridiculous hours. For a public servant expected to work 36.25 hours per week, I worked a 47 hour week last week. That's a handy increase in my flex time balance admittedly but still not something I'm used to.

    So while not making excuses for not blogging I'm making excuses. The worst part was I didn't compensate for these longer hours with dramatically earlier bed times or less activity. I still squeezed in almost everything I normally do during the week anyway. Minus that footy training session that is... although I did still attend the Footy Committee Meeting that night and didn't get home from the meeting until nearly 23:00.

    So all in all I've been very busy. Thankfully today I got in at about my normal time and I don't envisage getting in early, or hopefully leaving late, for the rest of this week... even though there is only one more day after today. Looking forward to a few days off more than normal too!

    I've got a few topics I'd like to blog about but they can wait for another day. To the person who reminded me to blog... here you go... a blog entry... happy now? :)

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home