Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Success

So finally, after thinking about it a lot, I went for the first of what will hopefully be many 12 minutes runs. After speaking to the coach at the last pre-Christmas training he suggested just trying to run for 12 minutes to build up my stamina base. So I finally did! I controlled my breathing the entire way and found it much easier to run without losing my breath. In fact my breathing and energy levels felt fantastic!! :))

There is no way in hell I'd have thought I could run non stop for 12 minutes. Now I know how far I can make it I am going to try and improve on that and get further in 12 minutes over the next few times. I felt really good about it when I was finished and wasn't even gasping and unable to talk afterwards. It truly was amazing. Whether that is down to controlling my breathing properly or the work prior to Christmas building up my stamina I don't know. All I know is it felt good and I am looking forward to doing it again!

Yes, yes I know you're all thinking "Ok, so who are you and what have you done with the real Mick?" But trust me it really is me... don't worry I'm sure it won't last long :p

2 Comments:

At 10:21 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Congrats Mick on going through with it, you're making me look bad! :) Keep up the good work and remember to be patient and soon you'll be fitter then me. Won't that be weird?

 
At 9:13 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks dude. It'll be a while before I catch your fitness level mate... but it certainly would be weird if I ever did :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home