Thursday, May 10, 2007

Dreams do come true

So in order to, temporarily, escape my overwhelming desire to choke a workmate I have decided to post a happy story. For those of you who doubted the old cliche I can tell you it's true, yes dreams really do come true.

What am I babbling about? Well as always a picture tells a thousand words...



Yes I got to meet Brownie. Dunc got me invited to a "Sportsmans Grill" night where the guest of honour was Brownie. Was a good night listening to Brownie being candid and honest, and as someone said to him after maybe a little too honest, about a number of issues.

After dinner and his on stage work was done we walked over to Brownie, got an autograph or two and had a bit of a chat. I'm pleased to report that Brownie is a genuinely nice and likeable guy.

He had a good laugh when I told him that I had been charged and fined by my footy club for impersonating him around the club. He laughed harder when I told him I was told to wear a long sleeve jersey when doing it as I didn't have the guns to pull it off.

It was a very good night and I'm even more of a fan of Brownie now than I ever was. Which is just plain scary for those of you who know me!

2 Comments:

At 5:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ahhh, you two would make such nice looking children ;-)

 
At 6:26 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

You can already tell what they'd look like....at least one of those two has a baby face :)

Looks like a great night, and you're right, I am scared. I didn't think it was possible for you to be a bigger Brownie fan. But he's such a great footy player, and great to see he's a nice guy off the park.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home