Saturday, March 31, 2007

Trounced

Well my first foray into the exciting world of playing Friday Night Football wasn't that much of a pleasant experience. We were well and truly trounced. Our midfielders, while toiling hard, were outclassed and their wing & forward structure and strategy was very well organised and worked well.

Playing Back Pocket saw me most of the night on their biggest, fattest bloke in a pretty traditional Full Back position. Patchy, our Full Back, is a pretty fit bloke who can easily outrun me so he got the faster more roving forward leaving me in the square with the big guy. He outmuscled me a few times and was actually reasonably good on the lead.

I did a few things which made me feel like I was making a useful contribution but nowhere near as much as last week. I certainly wasn't running off my man and rebounding the ball last night, mainly due to lack of opportunity though I guess.

All in all a slightly depressing night of footy, although I learnt a bit about where to position myself in different situations and no amount of training can really give you that. We have no game next week due to the Easter Break and then it's week 1 of the comp for the 3rds... unfortunately we have a bye. No footy matches for 3 weeks :(

In other news I'm sitting here in my Lions Jersey with #16 on the back, which I got to wear for Yeronga last night!!, and my Lions member hat on. Am off to watch the Seniors and Reserves play at Wynnum this arvo before heading to the Gabbatoir... so, so, so, so, so, so excited!! GO LIONS!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home