Monday, March 26, 2007

The world's gone mad!

Don't believe me? Well here's a few pieces of evidences I'd like to submit Your Honour:

  • Pakistan AND India have been knocked out of this year's Cricket World Cup after the first round of matches.
  • I was considered "possibly Best on Ground" for my AFL team in our match on this past Saturday.
  • Holden scored 1st, 2nd & 3rd on the podium for Round 2 of the 2007 V8 Supercar Championship.
  • Freke played in 2 soccer matches on the weekend, on top of other matches so far this season, and is yet to be injured.
  • The South Sydney Rabbitohs are 2 for 2 in the 2007 NRL Season while Premiers Brisbane Broncos are 0 for 2... meanwhile the Knights are also 2 for 2!!

And if you're thinking, "those are all sports related Mick and doesn't prove that the entire world has gone mad!!", I would submit that sport is in fact what makes the world go round and therefore I'm right. If you need more convincing however here are some non sports related pieces of evidence to prove the world has indeed gone mad:

  • I was up this morning @ 0630 and at work by 0810.
  • I offered Brett a free 600ml bottle of Coke on Saturday night and he didn't take it.
  • I've passed up a number of chances over the last few weeks to buy model cars at bargain prices.
  • NSW Labour is re-elected in a strong result after a few months of political suicide attempts.
Case closed.

1 Comments:

At 9:50 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I would also like to submit the fact that David Hicks is on trial.

And I am slightly injured...just not enough so it's worth complaining about :) But trust me, I'm as surprised as you are about it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home