Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Apprehension

It's been a while since I've been this apprehensive before footy training. Tonight I am expecting hell and a few hints I've seen indicate I might be going to get it. To understand why I'm worried I'll review the facts for you:

1) there are no games this weekend for any team due to Easter weekend
2) training on Thursday might be cancelled due to the Lions match Thursday night @ the Gabba
3) the 3rds competition starts the weekend after Easter... Yeronga 3rds have a bye

Soooo no footy matches for three weeks for the 3rds and maybe one less training session than normal. This all adds up to disaster for Mick @ training I feel. I can just see us getting hit hard.

After the Seniors match on Saturday the boys were seemingly reluctant to do proper warm downs. Karly, the fitness coach, said to them "If you knew what you were doing Tuesday you'd be stretching now believe you me"... when prompted for what was happening she made running motions by pumping her arms... running... joy...

*sigh*

Oh well time to waterload, more than usual, to ensure I don't barf during training. For now though a 600mL Coke is being drunk to at least wake me up. *yawn*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home