Friday, October 27, 2006

*sigh*

So I thought my week was over... how wrong was I? Ever since 19:30 I've been working on an issue with one of our servers at work, ahhh the wonders of being on call. I've been on the phone to Sun Support for a while and mainly waiting on them to figure things out.

Doing work over dial in and calling Sun, on a mobile in a house with poor reception, without actually be at work and on the network is a major pain in the rectum!! Anyway turns out I need to do some hardware replacement as some memory modules have passed on to the great big cyberspace in the sky causing my server to crash and reboot a few times.

So soon my phone will be ringing from the Sun engineer, finally an Aussie to talk to!!, as he leaves the airport after picking up my parts to meet me at my work building. Happy, happy, joy, joy!!!

The only thing that keeps me sane at the moment is trying to figure out what to spend my overtime money on. Any suggestions? :)

3 Comments:

At 7:50 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Um... What about this?

 
At 4:14 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I also would recommond this

 
At 7:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

two words - 'shock tanks'

http://www.thinkgeek.com/geektoys/rc/7485/

 

Post a Comment

<< Home