Monday, October 29, 2007

Mo sighting

So while down the Footy Club yesterday afternoon and after a morning full of beers it turned out that an entire team for the 20/20 cricket comp was not going to show. Tom, the Senior Footy Coach and organiser of the comp, furiously drummed up a team of drunken footy players in no condition to be playing cricket. I'm talking no fit apparel (I played in jeans for half the game!) and no fit co-ordination skills.

Anyway while standing around waiting for the match to start I see a guy looking at my from the other team. Now I'd already been told they were from Macgregor and I already have a history with that club from the old Warehouse days. Anyway turns out the guy looking at me is no other than Maurice. Yup, you read it here, I ended up unwittingly playing a game of 20/20 cricket against Mo.

It took me a few minutes to recognise him at first and even then I wasn't 100% sure it was him. A few more discreet looks and turns out it was him.

Needless to say the footy boys got pantsed comprehensively. I got caught on the fence by a relative screamer as the ball was about to carry for 6 by, yup, you guessed it... Mo.

All in all an interesting afternoon...

Dunc came back after leaving to buy a couch and spent most of our batting innings at square leg talking to Mo. Not something I would have done, and didn't all afternoon, but to each their own.

2 Comments:

At 6:49 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

That's more then just a Mo sighting, that's a full of Mo Tsunami!

Also, why were you drinking Beer on a Sunday morning?

 
At 10:56 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Sunday morning drinking was due to a fund raising day down the club. Trying to raise some cash for the footy trip.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home