Friday, January 05, 2007

5-0 Whitewash!!

Well it's finally over and England can now begin the grieving process. What am I talking about?!? Are you living under a rock?!? The mighty, mighty Australian Test Cricket Team has just finalised a 5-0 whitewash of the 2007 Ashes series, only the 2nd ever 5-0 whitewash in Ashes history.

It has been an inspiring series which just goes to prove how strong Australian cricket is at the moment. It was also a very fitting end to the magical careers of four of Australian crickets dedicated sons; Justin Langer, Damien Martyn, Glenn McGrath and Shane Warne. On behalf of a grateful nation (hmm am I trying out for a role as Prime Minister?) I'd like to thank these men for their efforts and performances in playing for Australia. I bow to you all deeply as legends of the game...

Yes, yes before people point it out, I admit I have criticised Martyn many times in his stint as a One Day International representative. But I don't believe I ever questioned his place in the Test side.

They will all be sorely missed but it will be exciting to see a new group of younger stars step up and develop... bring it on!!

For now though let's all sing together:

Five-nil, five-nil, five-nil, five-nil, five-nil, five-nil, five-nilllll!!!

1 Comments:

At 8:07 PM, Blogger Scotto said...

This is huge news, they even showed highlights on CNN!!! That is very rare for cricket but it was great to see a tiny tiny bit of the action! Well done Aussies!!

I also agree, bring on the young stars.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home