Thursday, September 28, 2006

aaaahhhh....

... man is it good to be sitting in my recliner with my feet up and the chair slightly reclined!! Excuse me for a minute while I let myself think, temporarily of course, that this is heaven. Aaaahhhh... soooo comfy...

... zzzzz ...

... oops almost drifted off, sorry!!

Sometimes I think going shopping aint that bad and sometimes I think it's hell on earth. Right now my feet hurt, my knees hurt, my fingers are chafed and dry, my elbows hurt and my head hurts. Tonight Indooro seemed so hot which is most likely the cause of my headache. And carrying heavy shopping bags around for a couple of hours hasn't helped either. I can't believe how red raw my hands feel from the chafing they must have copped from the plastic bags. Generally I feel pretty crappy right now but I'll survive now that I've had a whinge!

One good thing came from the trip though, I managed to snag a copy of Eldest. The second novel in the Inheritance series by a "new" author Christoper Paolini. Why am I excited about a book that has been out for a reasonably long time?? Well they finally made it in a "normal" sized printing!! Previously it has only been available in a large format book and not what you would call a standard novel sized volume. I have had Eragon sitting in my bookcase since I first spotted it, which now feels like forever ago. I have been refusing to buy Eldest until it came out in a reasonable size, and now it has!! Looking forward to devouring it... hmmm... tasty new book... *drools*

Funny thing is when I went to the movies a few weeks ago I saw all these posters for a new movie called Eragon and it seems that it is indeed the film version of the book of the same name. Which is an interesting investment by the filmmakers in a series that at the time of shooting had hardly begun to evolve... in fact I'd question if the second book had been published when they started making the movie of the first!! I am, of course, assuming that they plan to turn the rest of the trilogy into film also so it was an interesting gamble on their behalf. Unless they knew more about it than we did from the beginning!

Well by the time Eragon hits our screens I will be hankering for the third novel and I hope the movie can help tide me over until then. I hope it's better than trying to watch the trailer though because at the moment trying to do so is like drawing blood from a stone... I'll have to watch it some other time...

NB: this blog entry was written last night and I tried to publish it on about five ocassions without success... hopefully it publishes this time, even though the "moment" has been lost...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home