Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Back on the horse

After a few days off in a row (read: since the last time I posted about it) I went for a run again last night. I think two nights in a row of running last week, even though it was only a couple of kms each go, was a bit too much too soon. I was much sorer, as I posted, after the 2nd run and the next day a bit too. So I might try to take it a bit easier and not do so much "back to back" running.

Last night I ran the circuit I first posted about, got to just a little bit further than the first time in 12 minutes but felt a bit better for it afterwards in another sign my stamina is increasing. Although it was very muggy yesterday so I sweated more than I normally do... my new running singlet had it's debut as well!

In trying to describe to my Dad where I've been running I hacked a map from whereis to include a blue line to highlight where I run. Measured it (just the blue line) in the car and it is almost 2.1 kms. I can do the blue line without stopping and then I generally stop and walk up Venner Rd with some attempts at running little bits of it.


Going to mix it up and maybe just walk to the bottom of Venner and run up it, walk back down, run up it... do that a couple of times... am sure that is going to bugger me but will be good for leg strength!

In other last night news Ben invited Bee & I over last night for a dinner and a chat. We had some cheese with a red wine prior to dinner and a nice meal and more cheese and wine after. Was very nice wine and a good meal, thanks Ben! Also a very nice change for our social group and just sat and chatted for a couple of hours... was refreshing and spontaneous.

1 Comments:

At 10:02 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

And it will be done again! And with other people! It was really good so keep an eye out for your invitation...Uncle Ben will feed you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home