Monday, January 29, 2007

Blasted Technology & Flashbacks

Walking to the train station after work today reminded me of something I wanted to blog about on Thursday afternoon and didn't get around to. Thursday afternoon, like this afternoon, saw the end of the work day arrive with me attempting to get a Government ID card from the city. Instead of walking back towards Central which is the opposite direction to the direction of going home I walked to South Bank.

To do so I had to walk through QUT Gardens Point Campus and across the Goodwill Bridge. Walking through my old Uni Campus on Thursday arvo was like walking into a dream. I hadn't been there since I left in 2001, or somewhere around then anyway, so it was a surreal experience. Memories came flooding back and seeing as my path through took me right past my old class buildings it was even more profound. Weird that I'd managed to dump from my active memory so many memories of that place, it wasn't that long ago after all. Was good to walk through again though and relive for a short time some of those memories.

The other blog worthy story of the day has got to be technology messing with me. Blasted stuff it is! :p

I decided, with original prompting from Bee, to go for a run. Normally what I've been doing is running for 12 minutes as suggested and following roughly the same path to see how far I could get in the same amount of time. Today I decided to go for 15 minutes and up the ante was it were and set a timer on my phone for 7 minutes 30 seconds.

The plan was to run in a new direction, just making up my route as I went along, and then turn around when the timer went off and go home. So off I went. After running for what seemed like forever I decided I needed to see why the timer hadn't gone off. Seemed silly old me had set a timer for 7 hours and 30 minutes and not 7 minutes 30 seconds like I planned!! Probably would have literally died if I ran for that long non stop before having to turn around and run back!!

Anyway when I checked it was about 13 minutes, yes only 2 minutes until I had planned on stopping, in and I was feeling ok. So I pushed on. In the end I ran for just over 21 minutes non stop and had to stop at the top of a mini hill as I was buggered. I walked shortly and then started jogging again until I hit another hill, got to the top and stopped. I forced myself to run another hill on the way home in amongst some walking. I was sweating like a trooper when I got home and according to Bee had quite a stink up ;)

God knows how much I would have stunk after running for 15 hours! :p

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home