Sunday, January 21, 2007

Glorious Weekend

Well what a glorious weekend I've had this weekend. Nothing individually spectacular but overall it was an enjoyable, entertaining weekend.

Bee's brother Gavin has been staying with us for a few days and so we thought we should get out of the house on Saturday and do something as Bee & Gav have been cooped up inside most of the week. We headed over to Motorfocus, my diecast store where I managed to pick up a Russell Ingall model I didn't have. I love collecting these things and it is starting to become more of a passion for me than ever before.

Then we headed down the Coast for some putt putt. Bee took out a massive, early lead and people around the course must have been rapidly getting sick of me saying "She's sharking us... absolutely sharking us!!". At the halfway stage Bee was +2 for the course and had a lead of 5 shots over me and 7 over Gav... and that was only because towards the end of the front 9 Gav & I started getting it together. Unfortunately for Bee the back 9 was to become troublesome and in the end I scraped home victorious by 3 shots. Glorious weather to be down the coast but we were all thoroughly sweating by the time we'd finished, there was just no escaping the classic Aussie summer sun.

After returning home I had a dabble on ebay and snaffled a model I've been hunting for a very long time and had been watching all week. In the end got it for a reasonable price and with seconds to spare... there was some very furious bidding at the end and it's lucky I made it back in time from the coast to be there at the end!

Gav & I went out for some DVDs and returned to Brad & Lore being at our house discussing options with Bee for the night... so we headed over theirs for a swim and a night of movies and board games. All in all a thoroughly entertaining Saturday... physically picked up one model for my collection, won an auction for a very hard to find model for my collection, won putt putt, had a swim and played some games.

Today I woke up early to make my Twenty20 Cricket debut in a social comp down at the footy club. Even @ 08:30 when we were mucking around on the ground before play started it was ridiculously hot... it wasn't going to get better. I copped a cricket ball in the eye as it flicked off the stumps when I was doing some wicketkeeping but thankfully it didn't swell up too badly. We batted first and I got to go in @ #8 (we only had 8 with a couple of "repeat" batters) and thought for a while I wasn't going to get a bat. When I did I should have been given out golden duck stumped but I survived. I went on to score 12 runs not out from the few overs that were left.

With each side having only 8 players there were plenty of gaps so we were justifiably worried about defending a total of 130. But we did! I got to open the bowling and after getting a couple of balls tonked clean bowled a guy, taking the top of middle, with what I will call a gem. I took a catch in the field too so I feel I made some contribution.

The beauty of Twenty20 is it starts @ 9am and you're home just after midday. Sitting around for a bit after getting home then I got the call for a kick @ the footy club from Benny. So, for the second time today, I travelled there and had a kick with Benny, Dunc & Gav. Afterwards I was to return Brad's mobile to him, yet another example of why two friends who hang out heaps should never have the same phone, and I, in the process, invited us over for another swim.

So now here I sit, tired and worn out but content in what I did this weekend and the fun I had. Bee is cooking up some Bolognaise in the kitchen and it is wafting over me nicely as I sit here typing at the dining table... yum yum.... early to bed tonight for me but it was all worth it. As I said... a glorious weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home